Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Drop The Anger

Do problems make you angry?

Sometimes I get so angry at a problem that I get sloppy with that anger and it spills over at people. That's not good. That's not useful. That's not centered problem solving.

It doesn't help me to be angry with someone for not solving my problem.

My problems are up to me.

Other people can help, but I shouldn't assume that they will.

Other people can be great resources, but I shouldn't take them for granted.

And when other people make mistakes, getting angry won't make them smarter or better. It just makes them mad

I'm going to work on getting angry less often at unsolved problems because the side-effects are too dangerous. That feeling of anger is a sign, just not the sign I've been reading. Don't get angry, I'll tell myself, get active.

-- Doug Smith

What have you learned today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deeper Still