Monday, September 28, 2015

Let Go Of That Personal Agenda

Does your personal agenda ever get in the way of solving a problem?

To my surprise, I've discovered that sometimes it does for me. Sometimes I'm so focused on achieving another goal that I lose track of the problem in front of me. My goal might be to reach a certain sales number, for instance, while losing track of building the relationship with the one person in front of me (sales or not!).

When we can suspend our personal agendas and see the true goal in the moment, it is much easier to center ourselves and prepare for true problem solving. What is the best solution? What do we all want and need in the situation? What is our best path forward?

Centered problem solvers let go of their personal agenda when it gets in the way.

I'm working on that these days. How about you?

-- Doug Smith

What have you learned today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deeper Still