Sunday, October 4, 2015

Solving Is Not Judging

Can you solve a problem without judging it?

It's easy to get solving and judging confused. But I've noticed that whenever I am in judgement mode that I'm not truly analyzing the problem so much as reflecting my own weaknesses onto it. That's hardly helpful.

In effect, when I judge a problem, I'm judging myself. It could be my perception, my habits, my actions, or my intentions. In worse cases it's simply myself. That's too harsh. That's unnecessary. That's not even useful.

We don't have to judge ourselves in order to analyze our problems.

We analyze the causes of our problems from a centered place of focus so that we can separate them. All problems have causes. When we are the cause we can fix what we're doing or creating that causes it. But when we're NOT the cause, what's the point in taking the blame?

Do you have a problem you can disentangle blame from today?

-- Doug Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Wait?