Friday, July 17, 2015

Our Own Problems

Can you solve my problem for me?

Probably not. And, you probably don't want to. Yet we often think that we can solve someone else's problems.

We can help. We can teach. We can provide an environment that makes problem solving possible. But, very seldom can we solve someone else's problem.

You can help me solve my problem, but I'm going to need to do it on my own.

To come up with the true root cause. To develop the best strategies for finding the solution. For selecting the solution. And, (most importantly) to implement the solutions for achieving my goal.

You can't do that for me -- or anyone else.

We can help, but we must involve the people who feel the pain of the problem in order to solve that problem.

It's both a relief, and a new level of responsibility. Are you ready?

-- Douglas Brent Smith

Front Range Leadership: High Performance Leadership Training

doug smith training: how to achieve your goals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Wait?